daddy - the heart of the issue

Investigating the law, culture, and prejudices effecting families from a UK perspective

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Telegraph | News

Telegraph | News: "As an IT Project Manager with a Computer Science degree I find this staggering. I have a daughter who lives with her mum, who has applied to the CSA. They have now taken 12 weeks to calculate how much I need to pay, despite the fact that the formula is:
15% of (Net Pay -15% (for my other child) )
I can work that out on the back of an envelope in one minute. Unfortunately due to the fact that any voluntary payments I make will only count if my ex wife verifies them, which I am afraid I am unable to trust her to do, I cannot make any payment for the upkeep of my daughter. I have been putting the money aside each month but cannot do anything with it. The CSA will not accept the payments in advance as they have no will or ability to take the money and let me settle up any difference once they finally do the sum themselves. So I now have £700 which I would like my daughter to benefit from now but she can't. As many fathers will know, once my wife finally gets the money (which will probably total well over £1000 by the time they have worked it out) I can look forward to seeing her fly off on a nice holiday.
Andy Tuke, Bristol"
Now how is that in the childs best interests? I ask because there is sertainly no justice in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home